Merchants State Bank offers a wide variety of financing options for farmers and ranchers. Some of the purposes for which Merchants State Bank provides financing to local producers include the purchase of real estate, the completion of improvements to real estate, annual production financing, and term operating loans for the purchase of farm machinery and livestock.
With over 140 years of combined lending experience, and many of our loan officers coming from farming backgrounds, we have the knowledge to help you find the best lending options available! Merchants State Bank prides itself in quick, local loan decisions and easy to understand documents.
In an effort to provide the best quality financing products to our customers, Merchants State Bank has also teamed up with other entities, such as the South Dakota Department of Agriculture and the U.S.D.A. Farm Service Agency on certain projects. By teaming up with these other entities we have been able to extend the reach of assistance we are able to provide, such as the extension of credit to beginning farmers and ranchers. This is just a brief overview of the financial assistance provided by Merchants State Bank. For more information, contact one of our loan officers today!
Below is a brief description of some of our agricultural loans:
- Lines of Credit: finance crop inputs, livestock purchases, livestock feed, or equipment repairs; repay with your grain or livestock sales
- Machinery Loans: installment loans for your new and used equipment purchases
- Farm Real Estate: installment loans for farm land purchases
- Farm Home Loan: loans to buy, build, or remodel your home
- Beginning Farmer Bond Program - a tax-exempt bond program designed to assist Beginning Farmers in the State of South Dakota to acquire agricultural property at lower interest rates
- Farm Service Agency Guaranteed Loans - Guaranteed Farm Ownership (FO) and Operating Loans (OL) for farmers unable to receive commercial credit on their own
For your convenience, we are providing several online loan calculators to assist you in your financial planning.