Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Merchants State Bank has been monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely and will comply with the recommendations from the CDC and South Dakota Department of Health. Out of concern for the health of our customers and employees, and the wellbeing of the communities we serve, we have implemented measures to combat the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), until further notice.
Effective Monday, March 23, Merchants State Bank lobbies will be open by appointment only. Drive-up service will be available as usual during our regular hours. We continue to conduct business and are ready to serve you! Loan Officers are available by appointment. To make an appointment, please call your local office . You may also call the Freeman Main Office toll free at 1-866-228-9747. Please be prepared to answer a short list of health-related questions prior to admittance to any of our locations.
We apologize for this inconvenience as we strive to do our part in complying with the CDC's social distancing recommendations. Until these restrictions are lifted, we strongly encourage one of the following alternatives to face-to-face visits:
1. Drive-Up Service. Our tellers are ready to serve your needs via our bank drive-up stations during regular hours, at participating locations. You can expect the same friendly service you've come to recognize as part of the Merchants State Bank Experience.
2. Online and Mobile Banking. We have a broad array of online and mobile banking tools available for you, including Mobile Deposit. If you haven't already done so, please complete an Internet Banking Application and return it via mail or night drop to any MSB location. Once Internet Banking is established, the MSB-SD app can be downloaded from Google Play or the App Store.
3. Night-drop Boxes. Our staff will be checking our drop boxes at all locations multiple times throughout the day. If a deposit or payment is left in one of those boxes prior to 2pm, it will be processed on that business day.
4. ATMs. Our Freeman and Viborg locations have on-site ATMs available around the clock for your convenience. Making withdrawals and checking your account balances can all be done at any of our ATMs. We also encourage you to locate your nearest Advantage no-fee ATM.
5. Call us for personal service at your local office.
We are committed to remaining responsive to your needs, while ensuring appropriate safety precautions are being taken to minimize transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
We encourage you to stay informed by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
We also caution you to be alert and aware of scams. Scammers like to take advantage of fears and trending topics, such as COVID-19. If you receive a suspicious email, phone call or text message, don't respond, click on any links, or open any attachments. Always verify the authenticity of the website and the company before making a purchase or donation.